The Dept. Organizing association meetings every year as part of its vision, to provide for the intellectual and cultural development of students. The activities of History Association will start functioning after the completion of the process of admission to first year degree classes. The association has an elected body that has representations from the students and is guided in its activities by a teacher. Regularly a student from the Second BA class is selected as the secretary of the association at the beginning of the academic year. These elections are held at the beginning of the academic year.
List of Association secretaries
The association is responsible for conducting seminars, debates, study tours and inter-collegiate quiz competitions and various cultural competitions throughout the year.
An inter- collegiate one day (15/06/2011) workshop on “Environmental history in Indian context” a newly introduced paper in UG level was conducted by the department. Dr. Sebastian Joseph UC College Aluva was the chief resource person.
An inter- collegiate one day (09/12/2012) workshop on “History of folk lore in India” a newly introduced paper in UG level was conducted by the department in which Prof. Anoop.V of the department of Malayalam S.S.V.College has presented a paper on “ The folk lore tradition of Kerala”
July 24 we conducted a talk in relation to the150th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda inaugurated by manager of our college.
Various activities conducted by the Department
- Inter departmental Quiz Competitions in relation to Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanathi, and November 1st.
- Essay writing (Malayalam, English) competition-
- Topic- Gadgil Report and Western Ghats
- Drawing Competition
- History Fest- 2014-15- Various competitions were conducted for the students like Sudoku, chess, Panchagusthi, games etc… and given away prices to the winners. Association activities of the academic year came to an end with ‘Samskrithi’ 2014 History fest on 24-02-2015
A variety of activities were carried out by the department Association during this academic year
- Aravind K.S, from Second BA History was elected as the secretary of the Association..
- The activities of the Association started with its inauguration on 11-8- 2015 at Advaita Auditorium. Sri. P K Suresh Babu, retired Associate Professor from our Department inaugurated the function, which was presided over by the Principal Prof. R.Krishna Kumar.
- Inter- departmental quiz competition for both PG and UG students of our college was conducted on 12-08-2015.
- An Essay Competition in English- Topic- Environmental Degradation on 10-09-2015
- Students of our Association actively participated in all the competitions held in the college as a part of Onam celebration and pooled prizes.
- Debate competition for UG students of our college on the topic ‘Asahishnutha’ ( intolerance) on
- P.G.Haridas, retired faculty and former Principal handled classes for Third Semester PG students on Social Theory.
- Anoop V, Assistant Professor from the Department of Malayalam conducted classes on Folklore.
- We celebrated our History Day in an elaborate manner from 8th March 2016- 10th March 2016.
- On 8th March 2016 a Blood Donation camp was conducted in association with Taluk Hospital, Aluva. Around 60 history students and teachers donated blood.
- On 9th March 2016 another Blood Donation camp was conducted under auspicious of Indian Medical Association. About 100 students from the college donated blood.
- On 10th March 2016 following competitions were held.
- Payasam Fest
- Three men foot ball
- Chess competition
- Pancha Gusthi Competiotion (Both Boys and Girls)
- Quiz Competition (College level)
- Essay Competition
- Valedictory function (11-03-2016) –We arranged a feast to all teaching and non-teaching members of the College.